Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Moment 33 - The Art of Love

We had a great time doing our outdoor exploration somewhere at Siniloan, Laguna. Since we were near a body of water, there were so many interesting subjects to watch and capture.

We chanced upon several damselflies doing their daily rituals under the heat of the sun. I tried to get several shots of them while they were up in the air. But since they were too thin and too fast, I ended up deleting the files. For some time, I just watched them fly around.

It was out of the blue when they caught my attention again. This time, some of them were resting on  top of the stones while the rest of them stayed in the air. A pair resting on top of a stone was a sight not to be missed and I was totally overwhelmed with what I saw. It was the first time I saw a pair of damselflies making love and it was an opportunity of a lifetime for me. More than anything else, I was educated that very moment.

Their intimate moment lasted for some minutes which gave me ample time to capture them. Keeping almost an arm-reach away from them, I had this rewarding moment framing them and I was happy because they did find my presence disturbing.

Of all the insects and animals I witnessed during their intimate moments, these damselflies truly knows and exhibits the true art of making love. ;o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment