Saturday, April 9, 2011

Exploring Philippines 12 - Tibiao, Antique (Post 3 - Bugtong Bato Falls)

After 20 minutes of hiking, we finally reached our destination. And what a majestic view it was. Catching my breath, there I was, standing right in front of Bugtong Bato falls. The feeling of being rewarded after a long walk was so overwhelming. It was hard to express all those wows and awes I felt that very moment. All I did was simply to sat down, close my eyes, and feel the embrace of the nature around me. And the experience was simply amazing.

I came over to the very first big stone right in front of the falls, sat there for some time, closed my eyes, listened to the music of falling waters, felt every droplets of water on my face, and enjoy the serenity of the place. My total impression of this place is a piece of heaven.

 It was midday but in here, the breeze and the wind alternately cool the place. The place has its own cooling system which could delight everyone anytime of the day. And if you really can't stand the heat the day, the tempting water of the falls is freezing cold. It could definitely chill you right away.

I was almost tempted to plunge into its waters but I remembered I can't swim. Hehe. Shame on me. I only content  my feet splashing freely on its cold water while enjoying the view.

After some time, my guide invited me to explore more of the falls. There was a metal staircase on the left side of the falls and it was connected to a concrete steps all the way to the top of the falls. It was a challenge on my part because it was like a 70 degrees climb and I have my fear of heights. I hesitated at first but I told myself that since I was already here, I had to make the most of it. And so I bravely followed him.

It was good that there is a bamboo railing to the right side of the steps and a rope to the left. The rope offered me  a better comfort but from time to time, I had to hold unto the bamboo. In order for my fear to be distracted, I had to take pictures of the falls as we ascend. And just like before, my delight over this wonderful place kept my fear in my pockets. 

Due to my excitement, I forgot to count the steps but it could be 30 or more. If you have a fear like mine, you might end up taking your sweet time on every step and you might crawl on some steps as you progress. But the fear of heights should not be a deterrent for you to enjoy this amazing place. Because the falls has more to offer.

When we reached the top of the falls, we were not alone. We met five guys who happened to came from a nearby province and they came all the way here with their motorbikes. They were also exploring the place and they were here since morning. Since we speak the same dialect, it was not hard to interact with them and they were excited likewise to have their pictures taken.





more pics of Bugtong Bato Falls





5 comments:

  1. i wish to go there too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope to be there too someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll have time to explore this place. It is really a good one.

    But if you are only within Metro Manila, there's a place in Laguna with several waterfalls to enjoy.

    Happy exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I'm planning to visit the area sometime soon, is there any hotels in the area where I can stay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's good. Just ask for an inexpensive lodging house in the town. The people are friendly.

    Good luck and have a good time.

    ReplyDelete