Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Moment 29 - Faith

In one of our out of town escapades, we chanced upon a healing mass. Devotees from other places would usually come by group and each one of them has something to thank or ask for.

I am no stranger to this kind of activity. Way back in the province when I was still a boy, my folks would usually bring me to attend a mass during a town fiesta. Aside from our hometown, there were two other towns we frequent during a fiesta and it is always a yearly event they look forward to. I had little understanding about such things and all I can remember was to ask blessings from the Lord.

The event I witnessed that time brought some fond memories and recollection of what had transpired during my younger years. Kneeling at the altar's pew, silently reciting your prayer while waiting for the moment where the priest will place on the top of your head the statue of the patron saint, and receive heaven's blessings.

One of my companions asked me to join the group and try to experience the healing mass. He was intrigued why devotees were falling to the floor after the priest laid the palm of his hand on their head. I, too, have not experienced that one. I refused to participate because I don't want to experience it  for the sake of experiencing that one. If ever I'll try this one, I would like that my heart and spirit become one and my faith should not have any reservation.

Faith is something that each one of us hold on to especially during our worst times. In the eyes of our Lord, our faith should be strong, pure, and unquestioning. And at the end of the day where there's only us and the Lord, it is but through our faith where we will be forgiven and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment