Sunday, July 28, 2013

Food Trip 132 - Sweet Rimas Candy

As I cruise the food stalls at the Batangas port, among the local sweets that caught my attention was the sweet rimas candy.  A pack of rimas candy costs 25 pesos but the moment I told the lady vendor that I just wanted to taste it for my material, she lowered the price to 20 pesos.

Rimas is unfamiliar to me.  It is similar to camansi fruit.  It's outer skin is smooth unlike that of camansi and the jackfruit.  Rimas is also use as a vegetable similar to camansi.

I've been told that the thin slices of rimas fruit is soaked in sugar and dried afterwards.  After a couple of days, it is processed for final preparation.

My first bite was not really that exciting.  The overwhelming taste of sugar hides the taste of rimas.  Once the sweet taste fades, it was like chewing a raw flesh of the fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment