Monday, July 23, 2012

Random Thought 80 - Shaken Not Stirred

Have you ever watched any James Bond movie?  If yes, his ever famous line "My name is Bond, James Bond" will not escape your ears.  But I don't know if you also have a recollection of his other line whenever he is asked of his favorite drink and he is always quick in saying "shaken not stirred."

How many of us can actually say the line "shaken not stirred" whenever life delivers something out of proportion?  How many of us can actually maintain our footing despite of the shake ever forceful?  And how many of us can actually maintain our poise and confidence despite the intensity of the shake?

How is wish I have the same trait as James Bond. Though I don't envy his looks nor his impossible stunts and tactics, I do admire his character.  I know that even in the most difficult situations and in the most challenging times, even in my ordinary form, I can still manage to get through.  I might drop to the ground and crawl my way out perhaps will all sorts of pains and scratches, but as long as I have faith and the will to live on, I might be shaken and stirred.  

I am no agent 007 to say the line "shaken not stirred."  I cannot brag that I will not be disturbed and affected by the challenges along the course of my life.  But for whatever reasons there may be, these challenges will prepare me to be tough and ever faithful.  And perhaps, when similar challenging situation will arise in the future, I can also deliver the line "shaken not stirred."

No comments:

Post a Comment