Friday, July 6, 2012

Poem 77 - I Dream of You

I know I am awake
For I can feel my senses
But sleep is too powerful
Dragging me out of consciousness.

It is in this state
When I dream of you
So real to remember
Too good to be true.

I dream being with you
Sharing my bed tonight
Your warmth is so comforting
Everything feels just right.

I wrap my arms around you
Holding you as close as possible
In the realm of the night
You're a dream so tangible.

The darkness of the night
Can't hide the one thing I don't want to miss
And even with my eyes closed
I can still clearly see your face.

How I love to listen
To the rhythmic beat of your heart
You make me believe
That in my life, you're the best part.

And when I kiss your lips
You reciprocate with deep affection
I can feel heaven at its best
It makes this life a total satisfaction.

As I slowly give in to sleep
I know this will be the best night ever
Even if this is just a dream
My love for you remains forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment