Sunday, July 8, 2012

Food Trip 77 - Yellow Crimson

During summer, pakwan or watermelon is abundant.  Because it is juicy and most of the time, sweet, everyone seems to have a liking of this fruit.  And I am one of them.

I was surprised to learn that watermelon is considered more as a berry than a melon and there are different varieties of them.  The most common ones I saw are the red flesh and yellow crimson.

Before, I used to ignore the yellow crimson because I thought it is less sweeter than the red one.  One time, out of curiosity, I tried it.  I was surprised because it actually tastes must sweeter than the red variety of watermelon.  Though the yellow crimson is oblong and smaller in size compared with the red flesh watermelon, it is somehow more expensive.  This is the main reason why fruit vendors who are selling sliced watermelons are only selling the red flesh variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment