Sunday, July 15, 2012

Food Trip 78 - Vegetable Pochero

Since the time I learned how to eat vegetables, I tried to experiment with some of my cooking. One of my favorite stuff is pochero minus the tomato sauce. 

When I learned  how to prepare a pochero, there are times that I only yearn for its vegetables and not its meat.  But it would not taste like a real pochero if there's no beef or pork taste at all.  Instead of including big chunks of meat, I use a meat broth cube or a small can of corned beef as substitute. Then, I will go heavy with vegetables like ripe saba, sweet potato, taro, potato, sweet corn, and beans.  What I love the most about this food is when the sauce becomes sticky because of taro and the excellent blending of taste of saba, sweet potato and sweet corn.  

Whenever I prepare this one, I can live for a day with just this food as my lunch and dinner with no rice at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment