Sunday, July 29, 2012

Food Trip 80 - Indian Mango

I don't have any recollection about the first instance when I started to like indian mangoes, ripe indian mangoes.

Most of the time, I see people enjoying their take on green indian mangoes with anchovies (bagoong). The way I see them indulging on this food, it felt like it is one of the best moments in their lives.  But when I tried it, I can't picture myself grimacing because of the sour taste of green indian mango.  Unluckily, I am not fond of sour tasting food.

But I did despise indian mangoes. I just prefer the ripe one, the ripe one which is almost yellow in color.  Others cannot stomach the taste of ripe indian mangoes because according to them, the smell and  taste is like that of a certain medicine.  For me, the taste is simply amazing.  

During summer time, the right season for mangoes, we have several trees of indian mangoes that bear fruits.  From time to time, some vendors would often pass by and buy 1 peso a piece which they will sell in return.   During the season of plenty, the ripe indian mangoes would just fall to the ground and the chicken will have a party to their hearts content.  The fowls at home really enjoyed the ripe indian mangoes.

Whenever I go home for a summer vacation, I would not miss an opportunity to enjoy this stuff.  At times, I'll climb the tree and find a comfortable spot among its branches while enjoying the freshly pick ripe indian mangoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment