Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Moment 80 - Young Vendor

Still at Tondo, right after the steps leading to the main entrance of Santo Nino de Tondo parish church, we meet a young boy who sells religious items. It was lenten season that time and as expected, some visitors who passed buy will eventually buy an item or two.

After we bought puto bumbong and tasted a couple of it, we no longer had an appetite to finish the remaining ones because we were already full.  As we looked around, there were no street kids loitering in the area.  Since it is not a good idea to throw away any food, we tried to look for someone who will accept our unspoiled and untouched leftover food.  After some idle steps, we came across the young vendor again.

I tried to do a bargain with the young vendor. I asked him for a barter, our puto bumbong in exchange of any of his religious items.  He looked at me and he smiled while nodding his head.  I laughed at him and I told him that I was only joking.  I then handed him over the puto bumbong to which he readily accepted. 








No comments:

Post a Comment