Friday, August 16, 2013

Poem 135 - Smile

I smile not because I am happy
But because the world is such a lovely place
Though it looks like I deceive myself
It's enough to see the world with a smile on its face.

I smile not because I am rejoicing
But because deep inside I am struggling
I smile because I wanted to make a stand
Trying to be brave though I am bleeding.

I smile not because I am at my best
But because I'm down and crawling helplessly
I may not have enough strength to last long
Still, I just can't give up and suffer badly.

I smile not because I feel good
But because I want the world to think I'm okay
If I will grieve, I'll be grieving all alone
It is better to pretend smiling than dwell in misery.

I smile because I have my choice
And I choose life in its brighter side
Though make believe is not an easy task
I will still smile come the rise and fall of life's tide.


No comments:

Post a Comment