Sunday, August 11, 2013

Food Trip 134 - Snackaroo Steak

How much are you willing to pay just to experience a mouth watering and a flavorful steak in town?

There are so many restaurants in the metro that offer steak as their main course but proves to be too expensive for a non well-off food lover.  Though at times, it is also good to have an access to expensive restaurants in order to experience some of their great tasting food.  But once you've stepped out of the establishment, you feel like you're not coming back because it will take you some time to save for another expensive food.

Somewhere in Kamuning in Quezon City, there's a modest restaurant that offers the best tasting steak far more tastier than those expensive restaurants.  If the price of a good serving of steak in some restaurants would cost 800 pesos and up, in Snackaroo, a plateful of yummy steak and a scoop of rice is prized under 200 pesos only.

I come to learn of this place when a good friend brought me here last year. Early this year, my second unexpected dining experience happened.

Who could have thought that a small unsuspecting restaurant like this one, located along the roadside, actually serves a great tasting steak.  At first glance, the place seems small with more or less 20 dining tables.  But hearing the very testimony of a friend who has been coming back to this place every now and then, I could only wonder.  And what is more surprising is that, ordinary customers have the opportunity to enjoy a great tasting food at a minimal price.  No wonder, both the affluent and average income customers keep on coming back to this place.

The steak is charcoal grilled.  Upon having my order, I literally close my eyes and let my sense of smell enjoy the aroma of the burnt beef fat.  I've been used to this kind of smell ever since I was a kid.  Those were the times when we used to grill our own beef inasal over the heat of the firewood and it was a heavenly experience for a beef loving person like me.  I can't help but to smile because I can vividly remember my childhood days.

For a price of under 200 pesos, a large serving of steak could really make your day.  This is the kind of dining experience that every bite of the steak is more than what you've paid for.  With that kind of serving, one can actually finish even up to three scoops of rice and would really get satisfied afterwards.  It is good that there is a Snackaroo that can offer a great tasting steak at a low and reasonable price.  I must say, I will always look forward to my next dining experience here real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment