Friday, August 9, 2013

Poem 134 - Goodbye

I hate to say goodbye
For I don't like seeing you cry
But eventually I have to go
This is the truth you have to know.

It is never easy leaving
Especially if our hearts are grieving
Separation is a dreaded thing
Now that you've become my everything.

My heart and soul cannot find peace
Though I find solace in your loving embrace
Through it all, my spirit is troubled
Each passing moment, my sadness doubled.

Goodbye to you, my sweet one
Cry not when I'll be gone
Just think that I'm on a journey
So you will not miss me terribly.

I know I will be struggling too
Because I will definitely miss you
The more I think of our separation
The more I am challenged by my emotion.

So goodbye it is and all the best for you
The only best thing is letting you go
Though our feelings remain unwavering
If we cling on, we'll just end up suffering.


No comments:

Post a Comment