Sunday, August 25, 2013

Food Trip 136 - Pandan Bicho-Bicho

One time, I had a hard time waiting for a jeepney ride home.  Almost all passing jeepneys were full and I don't feel like squeezing myself into an already full-packed jeepney.  To ease my impatience for waiting that long, I scanned the display stall of the nearby Tinapayan Festival store.

As I scanned the mouth watering varieties of bread, one particular set of bread caught my attention.  The bread set were colored green and violet.  I asked for the name of the bread and I learned that it was bicho-bicho.  The green one is pandan flavored while the violet one (or so I thought) is chocolate. 

I asked the one attending the counter if it is possible for me a have a picture of that bread set with a promise that I'll buy some of them.  I was glad that he obliged to my request.

When I got home, I tasted both varieties of bicho-bicho. I was surprised to find out that the bread is actually stuffed with pandan and chocolate fillings.  It was my first time to taste a bicho-bicho with filling and I must say that it was good.  Actually, of the two, I got attracted to the pandan flavor.

Since a couple of them proved to be heavy on the stomach, I decided to tuck away the remaining ones for the next day.  The following day, the taste of the bread was still the same but the dough was no longer soft.  Unlike the bicho-bicho which I bought from the Merced bakeshop that maintains its soft and fluffy texture even for several days, this one needs to be consumed right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment