Sunday, August 4, 2013

Food Trip 133 - Crispy Pork Kare-kare

Time and again, I am always at my weakest when kare-kare is around.  

One time, a good friend invited me for an early evening meeting.  It was earlier agreed that we will meet and discuss something over a coffee.  But since a well-known coffee shop was full and I was dead hungry already,  I suggested that we will have our dinner instead.

Since I am not familiar with the place, he was the one who led to good restaurant where they frequent with his fiance.  The place is cool and classy. And the ambiance makes it a perfect place for a nice conversation while we enjoy our food.  It is a Spanish restaurant.

We had our respective orders.  My friend opted for a grilled pork while my mouth waters for their crispy pork kare-kare.  I was already trying out to figure how crispy it should be when it goes with a sauce. And after some minutes of waiting, they serve our food.

My friend said that I am predictable with food, as always.  Due to the enticing look and serving of my order, he took a piece of the crispy pork and he appreciated it too.  Of course, I had to perform my ritual first.  It was good that I always bring along my pocket camera and I took a couple of shots of our food.  And my feast began afterwards.

True to its name, the pork was indeed crispy.  It was well prepared and deep friend.  I guess the preparation was simple.  Normally, it is the taste that matters.  The serving has its usual stuff for a kare-kare like pechay leaves, crispy string beans, slices of eggplants, shrimp paste, kare-kare sauce, and of course, the crispy pork.  As I ate my food, I could not help myself but to close my eyes and tried to appreciate its taste.  It was heavenly.  Seldom I can find a restaurant that serves a kare-kare like this.  And for sure, I will be back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment