Sunday, August 18, 2013

Food Trip 135 - Ice Tea with Cream

An idle mind and an empty stomach will always find a way to satisfy one another.

I guess you are going to agree with me that it is hard to make your brain work if your stomach is empty.  On the other hand, once your stomach will have its fill, your brain becomes active and productive in some ways.

One time, out of the blue, I was browsing through my stuff and I was trying to discern something that will satisfy my thirst.  Of course, water is always the best remedy to quench one's thirst.  But there could be other exciting drinks simply waiting to be discovered.

I do not know what entered my mind and I experimented on an ice tea drink and a creamer.  A creamer is always the best partner of my hot choco drink and this late, I begin tasting coffee with creamer.  Just like in a song, creamer and choco/coffee make a perfect combination.  But how about for an ice tea?

Out of the blue, I simply poured a good serving of ice tea and a creamer in a glass filled with cold water.  After dissolving the mixture, I added some ice cube.  As I prepare the drink, I could not help wondering what kind of taste I will experience afterwards.  And after one good sip of the drink, it was awesome!  Yes, the taste was exciting. 

At the start, as I tried to discern its taste, it was actually odd.  Hehe.  The sweet and sour taste of ice tea and the creamy taste of cream, though contradicting in taste, make an intriguing mixture.  Though the taste of this drink is somewhat odd, I've come to love this one.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment