Friday, June 7, 2013

Poem 125 - Rainbow


I am sitting here
Just outside my window
Staring at the sky
Glancing at the rainbow.

The rain just stopped
Enough to get the ground wet
Just like the very first time
When you and me met.

You were soaked in the rain
Running towards a shed
I watched you smiling
Until you bumped my head.

Ours was a funny thing
An extra-ordinary love story
Full of life and full of laughs
An exciting romance all the way.

We were sitting outside
In the same spot every afternoon
You tried your best to smile
And my tears were racing down soon.

When you finally closed your eyes
And took that final long breath
I just embraced you as long as I could
And hold dearly to my remaining faith.

And soon after it rain
The sky mourned with me
It was hard holding a part of you
And all that’s left is your memory.

Just like today and every afternoon since
You make me smile though I cry
You know I will always remember you
Every time you paint a rainbow in the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment