Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Moment 128 - MacArthur Shrine

This picture is like a postcard that I used to see.  I never imagine that one day, I’ll be able to stand alongside the statues of the American heroes of world war two.

It was Tuesday afternoon when we went to Tacloban City.  The MacArthur shrine in Palo is along our route and we made use of the opportunity since the shrine was almost empty of visitors.  We had our pictures taken first on the marker of the shrine.  Since there were no other visitors on the site, I asked my friend Ron if it is possible to pose alongside of the statues.  When he said yes, I walked carefully towards the statues since the flooring of the pond was full of algae.

After a while, Ron told me that his grandmother did the same thing and had the same spot as well.  He further added that after three months, his grandmother died.  He thought that he could scare me.  I told him that if it is already my time to die, why wait for three months after if I will die today. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment