Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Moment 111 - Goodbye

I can still vividly recall that particular moment when I bid goodbye to my friends and colleagues.  It was like carrying a heavy heart with all the withheld emotions ready to burst at any given time.  But there was something more.

We all know that along the course of time, our dealings with people around us are based on a bed full of roses with all those thorns and protruding springs.  We may not be able to count and remember all the hurts, pains, and inconveniences we caused on them.  Although, at some point, our colleagues may all remember these especially when they are mad.  But through it all, with all our shortcomings, we still manage to endure and live it all and continue to share our life with them.

Since it was time for me to say goodbye and start something new, I just asked for forgiveness to one and all.  Maybe it was the right thing to do, to say sorry and step out with a clear conscience.  At least, if there are some ill feelings, it could be iron out with my humble gesture.  

Upon hearing my what-seem-to-be-a-final-parting-gesture, some of my colleagues got mad.  They were not mad at me but with what I said to them.  They said that it was like I am going to die with my parting act.  Maybe.  But I did not entertain the thought of dying.  I just want them to know that if it would be our last moment together, then, I'll have no regrets afterwards because I have done my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment