Saturday, February 9, 2013

Exploring Philippines 108 - Baguio City (Post 6 - Baguio Cathedral, Burnham Park)

The following day, my friends felt like not leaving the house.  But since we were here for a vacation and to explore the place, I took the liberty of leaving them behind and walked the road of Lower Pinget towards the town proper.  I had no problems walking the road of Lower Pinget and taking pictures of the houses on the mountains. The people I met along the way just ignored my presence while I was doing my thing.

After covering some distance and having several pictures of the place, I decided to return to where we were staying.  My friends were still idle because of the bed weather.  I tried to convince them to roam around but they were passive with the idea.  And right after our lunch, I decided to proceed to the city proper on my own.

I went straight to Baguio cathedral.  I passed along the Session road and took the concrete stairs towards the cathedral.  I was surprised to find out a new structure in a once vacant lot within the premises of the cathedral.  There’s now a covered parking space which at first glance, defaced the beauty of the whole place. 

I moved around, trying to find a good spot and that I’ll not be disturbed during the whole activity.  The day was a bit cloudy and I really spent some time waiting for the sun to come out from the clouds.  And my patience was rewarded afterwards.

Before I finished my shot at the cathedral, my friends texted me.  They followed me to the city and they were waiting for me at the Burnham park.  And right after my take at the cathedral, I hurriedly met them at the park.

I found my friends at the end part of the lagoon.  They were enjoying an afternoon with nilagang mais.  We spent our whole afternoon watching the people enjoying their moments in the lagoon.  Afterwards, we roam around the park and find something to eat.  When it was already dark, we went home to prepare our stuff because we will be going home the following day.

Before eight in the morning the following day, we were already on our way towards the bus station.  But before going directly to the bus station, we passed by first at the Baguio public market for some pasalubong. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment