Sunday, February 24, 2013

Food Trip 110 - Marina's Sea Food Noodles Soup

It was my second time at Marina, an Ilongo grill and restaurant in Panay Avenue, Quezon City.  I tried to order some sea food dishes but they were quite expensive.  I thought that what they have in their menu, like for example a 100 grams ulo ng maya-maya and 100 grams of tuna belly, are readily available.  But the availability of these items depend on their weight.  Since I'll end ordering up to 400 grams a dish, I just brushed aside my desire for expensive dish that night.

As I scan the pages of their menu book, a sea food noodles soup caught my attention.  Actually, there are several noodles soup in the menu but I opted to try a sea food noodles soup.

A bowl costs 99 pesos.  At first glance, the abundance of sliced squid and medium-sized shrimps are evident.  Vegetables are not included which are common in other noodles soup.  And the rest of the ingredients like garlic, onions, to name a few are very much present.

Just like what others used to say, the proof on how good the food is through its taste.  Though it looks like an average serving of noodles soup, its taste was overwhelmingly exciting.  It was my first time to encounter such taste and I must say that it was fantastic.  

Any food establishment has its own secret recipe while some are merely copycats.  What makes a restaurant stand out from the rest is the unique taste of its food.  And in this part of Quezon City where restaurants are almost everywhere, I can say that Marina's sea food noodles soup is a must try.

No comments:

Post a Comment