Saturday, February 2, 2013

Exploring Philippines 107 - Baguio City (Post 5 - Padi's Point)

After our climb that morning, we were idle for the whole day.  By evening, we went out to paint the town red.

To be honest, even if I am a nocturnal person, a night life in a club or a bar is not really my thing.  The rest of them were quite excited to go out and according to the couple who accommodated us, it has been a while since their last time in a bar.  And since we were there and they were free, it was the right time to go out and enjoy.

There are so many night spots in Baguio city but they prefer to go to Padi’s Point.  I’ve been once inside this joint in Manila and more or less, I already had some ideas what to expect once inside this place. 

The place was already partying and most of the good spots were already occupied.  Several sets of songs were already performed by two groups who alternately performed that night and one of the lead performers happened to be a classmate of two of my friends in our group. 

As I took out my cam and started taking pictures of our group, I was approached by the manager on duty and told me that slr cameras are not allowed inside the bar.  I was puzzled because we were only taking pictures of ourselves and not the bar itself.  The manager told me that it is the policy of their bar not to allow any camera like my own inside the bar and since we were already having fun, I was obliged to deposit my camera just to go on with our fun.

We were enjoying the night and somehow learned to forget about the incident when I happened to notice a foreigner who took pictures of his group.  Given that situation, I approached the manager and asked him about the case of the other guy who took pictures left and right.  He told me that his camera is just a pocket camera and mine is slr.  I asked him what was the big deal between the two cameras.  He answered back that I might record a video of the whole place.  I educated him that the pocket camera of the foreigner could also do the same thing.  Sensing that I was assertive and he could no longer reason with me, he gave in.

After having my slr back, we continued to take more pictures of our group.  The moment the lead singer of the group that performed that night joined us, the manager became lenient with us.  When we were invited to the stage and had our pictures taken, I heard no protest from the manager.  With the recording gadgets nowadays and for being a spy, one will definitely not take out and show his gadget around in order to take pictures or record videos of another establishment. And for the case of the manager, I’d rather keep mum about his idea of cameras and the behavior of people who own one.  Or perhaps, they could post some warning signs about how people with cameras should behave once inside their establishment.









No comments:

Post a Comment