Sunday, February 10, 2013

Food Trip 108 - Kaimito

During my growing up years, there were several kaimito trees within our neighborhood.  Actually, around town, kaimito trees were abundant.  At a young age, I was quite familiar with this fruit.  There are several varieties of them and the ones I love the most are the small ones that are extremely sweet and the big purple kaimitos.  Way back in the province, all we have to do is to ask permission from our neighbors and we can pick and enjoy the fruit to our heart's content.

For some time, every time I return to my hometown, I missed those kaimito trees that were part of my childhood years.  Due to the demands of more space for the growing population, most of them had been cut down.  And the ones we used to climb were no longer around.

Luckily, there are still kaimito trees that are surviving.  And every time I am home and it's the season of kaimito, I always make it to a point to indulge myself.  And with each piece of kaimito I eat, along came the memories of those happy years of my childhood. 




No comments:

Post a Comment