Sunday, February 3, 2013

Food Trip 107 - Pineapple with Bagoong Alamang

My fond recollection of ripe pineapple was when I was living with the family of my aunt.  During that time, almost every day, we had a ripe pineapple as a dessert.  Back then, I was taught that rubbing the pineapple with salt enhances its taste.  And I was even more surprised to find out that my uncle was fond of making the ripe pineapple as a viand.

But what I love the most about the ripe pineapple is its taste becomes incredibly wanting when partnered with bagoong alamang.  Some people find the combination odd and most of them would turn down the idea even without giving it a try.  Well, if only they know what they're missing.  And for those who were brave enough to gave in to my persistent clamor to give it a try?  Well, some good things maybe odd but the taste is truly mouth watering.

No comments:

Post a Comment