Friday, August 17, 2012

Poem 83 - Woman

I was born and raised by my mother
A woman whom I value so dear
She showered me all her love and care
All the best for me is crystal clear.

She told me that she loves me
But yet, she can punish me
She told me that she cares for me
But yet, she can ignore me.

She told me that I am her world
And yet, she can close her door before me
She told me that I am her only one
And yet, she can push and leave me away.

Some of my classmates and friends were girls
They were little women in our early years
They showed me a world of their own
They shared their laughter and some of their tears.

They told me that we were not the same
In things that we happened to know
And that there could be more
As we unravel the days of tomorrow.

They had their own little secrets
And they were so afraid to share
Unlike us when we got down to talk
A secret spared was one big dare.

And I fall in love with a woman
A wonderful experience I consider
Building castles in the air is fun
With her, life is a sweet surrender.

She tells me that she loves me
But doubts my feelings for her
She tells me that she cares for me
But expects things far more than I can share.

She tells me that she is okay
But her world is a brewing storm in the process
She smiles at me in a make believe
But she's wanting my warm and loving embrace.

I guess I have not yet reached a point
Where the nature of a woman I can better understand
Complicated is her status in my mind
Yet, in my heart, she has my love in all its grand.


No comments:

Post a Comment