Sunday, August 26, 2012

Food Trip 84 - Pork Pastel

Just like the rest, my day to day activities are somewhat routinely and boring including my food. The food in the canteen are all the same since the time I’ve been with my work.  There came a time that I can actually taste the food just thinking of going to the canteen.  And the delight of enjoying my lunch was no longer there.

One time, on my way home, I chanced upon a food stall a couple of blocks away from my place.  Since I happened to be acquainted with the people selling the food, I got curious about the one they called pastel.  Of course, a vendor would always claim that his food tastes good.  But since I am not familiar with the food, they allowed me to have a taste of it. And yes, it was indeed good.

Their version of pork pastel is composed of pork meat, pork liver, hotdog, carrots, red bell pepper, and pickles.  The pickles added some sour taste and the taste of bell pepper could hardly be felt.  The sweet and sour taste complement each other.

It is a common practice that food stalls would always compromise their ingredients and the taste of their food with its price.  But not these people. The preparation was a bit extravagant considering their serving ( I always enjoy some add on) and its modest price.  Their serving would allow one to enjoy up to four cups of rice.  And they always make it to a point to provide all the ingredients as much as possible for a much tastier experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment