Saturday, August 18, 2012

Exploring Philippines 83 - Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro (Post 4 - Tamaraw Falls)

Tamaraw falls got its name from the species of buffalo that can only be found in Mindoro. There are three tamaraw statues right beside the road and the falls. Tamaraw falls is a majestic 423-foot wonder and for a tourist like me, it is one breath-taking natural wonder to behold. Usually, a falls like this one is situated in a far flung area and one would literally spend some time and exert much effort in order to get there. Since Tamaraw falls is located by the roadside, it is already a bonus to people who are not fond of hiking.

The cascading waters of Tamaraw falls pass underneath the bridge and are gathered in a man-made resort located right at the foot of the falls. The entrance to this resort is 25 pesos and tourists would usually take a time off to experience the cool waters of the falls. I would love to plunge into its waters also if I really planned for this trip or if there could had been enough time. Since it was almost five in the afternoon, I cannot afford to be late in going back to the resort.

I just can't get enough of the sight of Tamaraw falls. Actually, if I have a whole day, I would love to simply let time fly while I am enjoying the sight of the falls. The mere sight of the falls gives me certain delight, enlightens my spirit, and rejuvenates my energy. This is a kind of luxury for me where I am enjoying a peaceful and happy existence.

While I am preoccupied with the delight of taking pictures, someone joyfully called my attention.  She is a familiar face and the last time I saw her was two years ago. Jen was with her husband, also visiting Puerto Galera and they rented a motorbike and cruise around the countryside where the falls was their last stop.  It was nice to see a familiar face in an unfamiliar territory and I am equally happy because I am still part of her memory.

It was already five in the afternoon when we left the place.  Time was so short when you are having fun and I   am happy because of this little adventure of mine. Actually, I was planning to visit this falls the following day but I might not realize this one if I will be waiting for my colleagues who are not fond of exploring out of their comfort zone. Even with just little amount of time in Tamaraw falls, I was somewhat happy because of the worthy side trip I made out of the blue.


















No comments:

Post a Comment