Sunday, August 12, 2012

Food Trip 82 - Dark Chocolate

If it's chocolate, count me in.

Before, I despise the taste of dark chocolate.  Since I am fond of sweet tasting ones,  I am always on the lookout for sweet and mouth watering brands of chocolate.

A shift of my liking and appreciation to dark chocolate started when I tasted a homemade tablea.  The chocolate being used as the main ingredient of tablea comes from a locally grown cacao tree.  The 100% pure tablea is usually added to a hot water for a chocolate drink.  

A pure tablea tastes bitter when eaten raw.  Some folks in the province added muscovado and ground peanuts in order to minimize the bitter taste.  Since then, whenever possible, I always order this stuff and bring it to Manila.

During the time of want and tablea is not available, my only recourse is to visit a nearby mall and look for any available dark chocolate. And just like what experts used to say, dark chocolates are good for the heart.  So here I am, enjoying my take for a healthier life.



No comments:

Post a Comment