Sunday, March 18, 2012

Food Trip 61 - Adelina's Ham

During the Christmas and new year celebrations, ham is one of those heavily advertised products. I don't know it they simply want to create a hype for a must have during this time of the year or it is really a part of the tradition that should be observe.

When I was invited by my cousin during the new year, it was my first time to taste a ham (of course, I had tasted hams before). The ham that I am talking about was not just any ham. It was a ham made by Adelina's.

Several articles had been written about this store with its main branch located in Kalentong, Mandaluyong City. For more than 20 years of my stay here in Manila and for so many years that I frequent the Kalentong area in Mandaluyong, I was not able to give it a chance to try Adelina's ham.

Considered as one of the most popular and best tasting ham in the country, surely, it is really a treat to bring home a box of the classic Adelina's ham. And I simply can't forget and feel in love right away when I tasted that sweet-nectar like sauce that goes along with a box of ham. Of all the hams that I tasted, Adelina's ham is on the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment