Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Moment 52 - Farewell, Mar

Last Saturday, Jan 7, 2012, I received a call from a dear friend and I was shocked to learn that our common friend passed away last Friday. Mar was just 32.

How time flies. It was in December 2011 when we planned to have a get together early this year because for quite some time we have not seen each other in person. We simply reach out to one another through text and phone calls. But then, there was this bad news.

I called up his home and I was able to talk to his mother-in-law and she confirmed that Mar passed away. His passing was too sudden and just like his family, I have my own regrets about our planned meet up that is no longer possible. Instead, I will be seeing him in an unreciprocated state.

Though he had his own funny antics, he is more of a serious person to me. I can still recall how he made me see life in a wider and deeper perspective. He always had a keen observation and understanding about life's opportunities and struggles. He would always come to the rescue, help me iron things out, and unselfishly offer his hand for help. And he had this faith in me that's unwavering. 

It was never my habit to look inside the coffin because that particular scene normally sticks in my memory for a long period of time. But after several years of not looking inside the coffin, I finally found my courage and I saw my friend for the last time. I don't know what to think or say that very moment but I was not afraid anymore. I just could not believe that this was happening. And even if I was trying to hold back my emotions, I was not really good at it

Thank you, my friend, for the precious time you've spared and shared. Thank you for lending me some of your precious time and adding time to my life. In this trying and struggling point in my life, thank you for the unquestioning support and your desire to help. Thank you for having me in your life. I will definitely forever miss you

Farewell, my friend and may you rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment