Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Moment 51 - Happy New Year

It was my first time to spend my new year away from my family and outside my home. For several years, I opted to stay at home or spend my new year with my family or relatives. But this time, I spent it outside and I tried to experience what it was like.

For years, I've been glued at the tv watching people celebrating the new year outside their homes. And here I was, mingling with fellow strangers trying to feel the new year atmosphere in the streets. From what we used to see on tv, the streets were literally occupied with people from all walks of life. It was good that there were free entertainment shows as everyone was anticipating the change of the year. And when the countdown began, all eyes were set to the sky for the much anticipated fireworks.

Fireworks come new year is one of the grandest affair and everyone is full of delight of the different colors, shapes, and effects every time a loud bang is heard. The awe and excitement is simply hard to hide from the faces of the joyous crowd. It is always a happy sight when you see people enjoying the festivity and every one seems to be at peace with every one. If this is the case, I hope every day is a new year's day.

But one thing I learned from this experience, it was hard to find a ride home if you don't have a car of your own. After the celebration, when people started to find their way back home, it was hard to commute. With the influx of people to the streets waiting for their ride and most drivers of the public utility vehicles opted to stay at home and continue to celebrate the new year with their family and friends, you'll end up wasting your time waiting for that much awaited ride. Well, it was an added experience to share.

Anyways, happy new year everyone. More blessings to come for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment