Friday, October 11, 2013

Poem 143 - Darkness

I plunged into a void
The abyss of total darkness
I struggled hard to escape
To return to the surface.

It was a scary state
Being engulfed by nothingness
Even with eyes wide open
They are are simply useless.

Each step was calculated
Feeling every inch of the way
My hands were extended
Protecting myself out of harm's way.

It was a harrowing experience
With no particular path to take
No turns nor crossroads
I felt like I was going to break.

I grew tired and got weary
With blinded eyes and nothing to see
I hit the ground and sat down
To regain the strength in me.

In this stationary moment
I was trying to gather my senses
I need to find my way out
Evaluating all possible chances.

And a miracle happened
When faith turns to despair
I suddenly saw a light
Like a breath of fresh air.

The light was overwhelmingly good
I became whole again
Within the embrace of darkness
I was relieved with my pain.

I managed to find my way out
Guided by the new found light
I felt like I was born again
Cloaked with a renewed might.

I plunged into the darkness
And I almost lost my way
I was about to give up my life
When I found the light in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment