Sunday, October 13, 2013

Food Trip 143 - Taho

For the longest time, I keep on ignoring taho.  I tried to taste it before but it was bland and my taste bud was not receptive to it.

Since I've been blogging for nearly three years now, one time, I decided to become more adventurous with food.  Whenever possible, I have to try this and that.  Though I have so much catching up to do and with my ignorance with food, I try my best to taste something even if it means closing my eyes and holding my breath. Haha.

One time, out of the blue, I was waiting for a relative in a particular place.  Since it was early in the morning and I had an empty stomach, I made up my mind to give taho a try.  A small plastic cup of taho costs ten pesos.  Holding a cup of taho, I tried to convince myself that it is a good food and I should taste it while it's hot.  And sipping taho on the cup, for the first time, I appreciated its taste.  Maybe, the idea is, a hot stuff for an empty stomach will do the trick. Hehe.

Since then, every morning whenever possible, I make sure to order a cup of taho.  One time, I learned a trick from a neighbor.  I got curious because they were handing over a drinking glass to the taho vendor.  I had no idea how much a glass of taho costs.  I followed them and paid the vendor 10 pesos for whatever amount will fill my glass.  And much to my surprise, the whole glass was filled.  Haha.  It is really pricey for a small plastic cup compared with a glass for the price of 10 pesos. 

And I almost forgot.  Taho is best enjoyed if it has an ample amount of arnibal (sugar syrup).  And I make it to a point to request for an extra syrup because it makes me alive and wide awake early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment