Sunday, October 20, 2013

Food Trip 144 - Ginataang Adobong Pusit

I always appreciate a small and cozy food eatery near my place.  The lady cook makes it to a point to prepare different viands everyday.  Unlike the other eateries where what they offer today remains the same all throughout the week.

It was just some minutes past 12 noon but the moment I got there, the food was nearly running out.  Since I not fond of vegetables, the only option I got was the pusit (squid).  When she showed me the food container for pusit, I got curious about the appearance of the food.  She told me that it was ginataang pusit.

Time and again, this lady cook is always my first choice. I would always ask for some new things she'll prepare and I am happy of how the way she prepares the food as well as its taste.  

Adobong pusit is not alien to me.  It is one of my favorite food especially when I am in the province and it is the season of pusit.  That time, I somehow got curious about the appearance of the food.  She told me that it was ginataang adobong pusit with bell pepper and eggplant.  I readily gave it a try knowing how meticulous she is when it comes to preparing the food.  

The pusit is thoroughly cleaned and then evenly sliced.  Its black ink had been removed when it was prepared.  It was sauted and cooked in thick coconut milk.  when the meat became tender, slices of pepper and eggplant were added.  And the taste?  If you are fond of eating something with coconut milk, you'll find this one an enjoyable one. Superb.

No comments:

Post a Comment