Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Moment 145 - My Room

'I once had a girl or should I say she once had me.'  Sounds familiar?  It's a line from the song Norwegian Wood.

It's been a few years back when I showed my room to a girl.  Eventually, we shared it afterwards.  The happiness was incomparable and we began to dream.  

In moments like these, life becomes more meaningful.  When life takes another turn and gives you the opportunity to start a new one with the person you love, it feels like there's no other thing as important as the person in your arms.  You feel like you are holding a brand new world for all the good reasons and with so much joy.

By showing and sharing my room, I also allowed her to see the world.  She was delighted about it and she soon learned to explore on her own.  And my room was no longer enough for her for she dreamed of something big.

I am still here and stuck in my own room.  She's out there and the world becomes her room.  I don't know what went wrong or I simply could not keep up with her and her dreams.  I felt deserted but I am happy for her.  Though I love to have her and I wanted to share my room with her for the rest of our lives, some realities could not just come true.  

And my room?  I am starting to get rid of the cobwebs and dusts that's been there for the longest time already.  I guess a little makeover will be good.  And yes, I almost forgot about the window.  I need to open that one for a breath of fresh air and a good ray of sunshine to lighten up my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment