Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Moment 129 - Quiapo Vendors

It was one of those ordinary days when I'd go out and toy with my point and shoot camera.  I opted to bring this one instead of my dslr because of its size, weight, and it is less noticed by you know who.

Anyway, as I walked along the busy streets of Quiapo, the array of sidewalk vendors together with their goods make a good subject.  All you have to do is to ask them politely about the shoot and most of them are more than willing to participate also.

As I continued to scout the place, taking my sweet time in framing my subjects, some vendors would heartily asked if their pictures could be taken likewise.  The idea of having a camera is oftentimes associated with media practitioners and they will remark about them appearing in a medium after their picture has been taken.  

In order to correct the myth, I honestly declare to them that I am just a hobbyist.  But despite of my declaration, some of them will playfully pose and you just can't imagine the joy and smile in their faces the moment they'll see their framed images.




No comments:

Post a Comment