Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Moment 107 - Leo

It was vacation time and just like what we usually do, we went out for an out-of-town fun.  If my memory serves me right, there were 12 of us that time.

We are all not beach lovers and some of us could hardly swim.  And yet, most of our escapades are in beaches.  Who cares if you can't swim as long as you're enjoying the day in the beach.   Beach fun are not usually confined with swimming or diving.

Anyway, there were several of us who were staying on the beach.  The weather was good and the sea was calm.  Only the small waves caused the disturbance on the water.  It looked like the water was so peaceful and sleepy that time.

All of us were wearing a life vest for protection.  Since there were no life guards that time, we had to look out for our own safety out in the open sea.  Our life vest was great.  Though some of them were torn out, it was still the best life best we ever encounter in all of our beach adventures.  That kind of life vest prompted me to buy one because I was so comfortable with it.

Three of our colleagues were already several meters away from the shore.  Only Leo and I were left behind.  We were testing our vest and it made us float with no hardship at all.  I was enticed by the calm atmosphere of the sea, I got hold of Leo's life vest and slowly pulled him towards our colleagues.  Since he was floating with his face facing the sky, he hardly noticed that we were already far away from the shore.  Given that distance, I let go of him and we continued to chat while we were floating.  During the course of our conversation, out of the blue, I mentioned to him that I don't know how to swim.  Upon hearing my statement, my friend literally panicked.

I was surprised when Leo was alarmed after knowing that I cannot swim like him.  From his floating position, he literally stood in water and tried to paddle his way towards the shore.  I got nervous likewise but I came towards him and made him float again.  I told him that there's no need to get nervous.  All we have to do is to maintain our floating position and with little paddling effort, we will eventually reach the shore before we notice it.  And we resume our conversation until we safely reach the shore.  Hehe.  What an experience to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment