Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Moment 103 - Baywalk Angler

If you have been to Baywalk in Manila, most likely, you have seen several anglers there.

At first, I thought that the anglers that lined-up along the stretch of Baywalk are simply enjoying an afternoon with their hobby.  The hook, line, and sinker form of fishing really takes time to catch a fish.  Just like taking pictures, one should be patient enough before a catch can be made.  

I had a chance to talk to one of the anglers and I found out that right after the lunch time, he comes over to Baywalk to fish.  He spends his entire afternoon fishing and goes home right after the sunset.  As I watched intently over his catch, he was quite happy whenever he caught a fish.  With the number of hours he spends almost everyday, I thought it was worth it because of the size of the fishes he catch.  I was surprised to find out that the biggest one he caught was about the size of my three fingers put together and yet he was happy about it.  He said that if he can catch more, sizes do not matter because of the quantity.  And with a free catch, his family can survive another day without spending a peso on their viand.


No comments:

Post a Comment