Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Moment 106 - The Bicho-bicho post

My foodtrip post about bicho-bicho caught the attention of a researcher from GMA News TV.  I am surprised because I am no food blogger.  Actually, I am not eloquent nor good about describing something especially about food.  I am blogging because I wanted to consider the opportunity of writing something from the perspective of someone who is not good at it, except of course eating. Hehe.

I got an inquiry about my bicho-bicho post in the comment section of my blog.  For a couple of days we exchanged text messages.  I direct the researcher to that bakeshop along EDSA where I bought my bicho-bicho.  Afterwards, I sent her a picture taken at Divisoria where bicho-bicho becomes a street food and is being prepared right before the eyes of the customer.

Monday, Jan 21, 2013, I got another text message from the same person inviting me over to participate in the show Good News with Vicky Morales aired at GMA News TV.  She asked me if I can participate in one of their segments featuring bicho-bicho.  They are about to feature bicho-bicho with a twist and my role is to taste it and comment afterwards.  

I thanked Cyril, the researcher, about the invite.  It will be another unforgettable and rare experience in my list.  Though glad and humbled by the invite, I told her that I don't want to ruin their show. Hehe.  I am simply contented working on the sideline rather than facing the camera.  And besides, I look awful on tv. Haha.

Anyway, I'll just look forward to their feature and if situation warrants it, I'll mimic their feature on bicho-bicho.

No comments:

Post a Comment