Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Moment 102 - Bird Watching

I was spending an afternoon in Laguna de Bay.  It was my first time to visit the bay and I got curious how it looks like.  I was trying to figure out some old-school setting of the bay where trees and bamboos are abundant and that civilization has not reach the place yet.  But it was already developed and full of life.  

Though boats come and go and people converge in this area during their siesta time, I still find the rural atmosphere refreshing.  It was just like spending an afternoon in a place where people are still one with nature.  I guess some city folks would appreciate a good and lazy afternoon by the bay, unmindful of the rush and stressful environment.

When I went there, there were just several birds flying in the area.  But after some time, there were already a flock of them.  In my entire life, I haven't experienced being that close to a flock of birds.  It seemed that I was the only one who was excited about their presence because the people in the area were quite busy with their own affairs and I guess they are already familiar with what was happening that time.

I could not hide my excitement as I intently watched them and put my camera to work.  It was like a haven for me.  The birds were in frenzy over the small fishes that swam near the shore and on the other end, I was also in the frenzy trying to capture the moment.  It was really an amazing afternoon, with all those birds around.  I tried to know the name of the birds but even the locals are not familiar about them.  The people are used to having the birds around because the bay provides a good feeding ground both for the birds and the people.













No comments:

Post a Comment