Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Moment 100 - Army Knife

In one particular street in Quiapo, there are vendors who are selling motorcycle helmets, airguns, stun guns, army knives, and a lot more.  I was cruising the area when I decided to buy an army knife.  Since I always go out of town, a good army knife will be useful.

What's good with the stalls along the the sidewalk is that you can always bargain for a good price.  When competition is heavy, your bargaining power can be tested.  And don't fall right away into the well rehearsed script of the vendors.  If possible, try to move around and learn how to compare the merchandise and its price.

Anyway, I got a good bargain and the army knife I bought was short, light, and really sharp.  It is something that I can easily tuck inside my pocket and will prove to be useful.

When I got home, I tested the knife.  True enough, my spending was worth it except for one thing.  I got careless in handling the knife and when it slipped out of my hand, its tip landed on the side of my right leg.  I suddenly felt a light pain and when I looked at my leg, fresh black blood abundantly rushed out from that cut. At first, I was amused and in question why my blood was black.  But afterwards, it was no longer a joke and I immediately poured alcohol to the cut and pressed against it a clean cotton.  As I clean my leg of the blood that dripped, I smiled because my blood turned out to be red after all.  Haha.  I thought I am an alien already because of the black blood. When I examined the tip of my knife, it was a good 5 cm cut.  I was simply thankful because I was able to move my leg a bit when the knife slipped out of my hand.  Otherwise, the cut could be even worse.

After the bleeding stopped, I went to the drugstore to buy some medicine in order to prevent getting an infection.  My purchase of the knife proved to be good because it is true to its promise and I am the first one who can vouch for it.  Hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment