Sunday, December 9, 2012

Food Trip 99 - Buttered Tahong

I learned about this dish when I joined a group of friends who went out for an evening of fun and food trip.  Before, I was only confined to the idea of tahong being prepared like a tinolang manok.  Actually, it is one of my favorite dish since I use to enjoy a heavy serving of soup.

My first experience of buttered tahong was awesome since it was new to me and to my taste.  I really had a good time.  Since then, whenever my friends and I would go out and dine, a buttered tahong dish would always be part of the menu. The moment it is serve, it should be consumed right away because the moment it turns cold, the taste is no longer welcoming.  Likewise, I'd been warned about this food.  My folks always tell me that this food should not be eaten alone and with an empty stomach lest I will end up in a hospital bed . 

No comments:

Post a Comment