Sunday, December 30, 2012

Food Trip 102 - Chicken Teppanyaki

Nowadays, the people behind the food business try to experiment and offer other stuff aside from what have been considered as comfort food for the Filipinos.  And one of them is where I frequently buy my food for lunch.

From time to time, I would prefer experimenting on food and taste something new.  That is, if I happened to like the food at first glance or if someone can vouch that the taste of that food is indeed good.

One time, I tried chicken teppanyaki.  I got curious because the name is catchy and the ingredients looked familiar.  I don't have any idea why it is called teppanyaki but the look of the food, I could say that I was able to prepare the same one before.

Teppanyaki is a cuisine of Japanese origin where grilling is part of the process.  After my research of teppanyaki, though I was satisfied with the food that I ordered which they named chicken teppanyaki, the meat of the chicken was never grilled.  I guess it was just cooked in a pan like a traditional adobo but with less condiments like soy sauce and salt.  Likewise, they drained the resulting oil to make it appear a bit dry.  And to add life to the meat, they included a serving of sauteed vegetables, mostly cabbage, carrots, and beans.  In addition to this, the taste of powdered black pepper was very evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment