Saturday, December 29, 2012

Exploring Philippines 102 - Taal Volcano (Post 5 - Picnic Groove and Mahogany Market)

While cruising the picnic groove, we came across a zipline and cable car ride.  Since it was a week day, the rate was minimal.  Leo urged us to join them for a one way ride.  As I examined the greener area right below the zipline, the area is very much crowded with tall trees.  And from the looks of it, the forest below is vast and its distance from the zipline was really high.  Though I am afraid of heights, I still gave in for our next adventure.

The moment I stepped into the platform, waiting for our turn, I could not help the shaking of my knees and the rapid beating of my heart.  Yes, I was afraid again.  Though I had several experiences of zipline rides, it was like a first time experience all over again.  I’ve been struggling to shake this one off and if it is possible to have this ride every day, I will do it just to get rid of my fear.

Anyway, Raul and I went together for the ride.  I thought I was the only one who has this fear.  It was a revelation when Raul confessed that he, too, is afraid of heights.  Funny but it is the reality of life.  And when it was our turn, a push from the crew made us close our eyes and shout to the top of our voice.

It was like being crazy, shouting at the top of your voice, while doing a scary thing which you are afraid the most.  I guess shouting is a therapy to release the tension and the fear inside of you.  The moment I was through shouting, we were still hanging on the air.  When I opened my eyes, the sight below was amazing.  We were like birds flying over the tall trees below us and to our left, the Taal volcano stands as a silent witness.  Most probably, one of the best experiences would be seeing the world from up above.  Up here, from where we were, the perspective looked extremely different.

After our short yet fun moments in the Picnic Groove, we went to Tagaytay public market.  We scout the market for some possible stuff to take home and they were mostly fresh fruits.   For our final hurrah, we went for a hefty serving of the famous Tagaytay bulalo.  And time and again, the taste of bulalo in Tagaytay public market is simply beyond compare.

I greatly enjoyed the company of Leo and Leah Lintag, Raul Ponay, Mike Victorio, and Raymond Angelo.  Thank you, guys and looking forward for more adventures with you.













No comments:

Post a Comment