Friday, May 18, 2012

Poem 70 - Forever

I give you my heart
Since the day I met you
Until the present time
My heart still belongs to you.

I am not the sweet type
This is not unknown to you
But time and again
In my life, there's only you.

We've faced so many trials
Our love has been tested
But through it all
My feelings for you is never wasted.

I have my own shortcomings
The one you'll love to hear
I know I seldom say it
But it's only you my heart would cheer.

I am true to my words
And forever loyal to you
I may not often reveal my feelings
But believe me when I say I do.

And now, you're breaking away
For reasons unknown to me
Though you say it indirectly
It's still the same melody.

What happened to our promise
That we will stick it out
Whatever the course of life
But now, you have a room for doubt.

Do you not believe
About my promise to you
That whatever happens
I'll be forever true to you.

When you don't hear me saying
The phrase "I love you"
Does it mean you're doubting
My real feelings for you?

Maybe I should take the blame
For not reminding you always
That my love is just for you
Come sunny or rainy days.

A promise made is the one I keep
That you're the only one for me
If it is a broken vow for not saying it
Perhaps, it's the price I have to pay.

Go if you must, if you really want to
I won't force you to stay against your will
Just remember that I'll always remain
My love is just for you, forever still.



No comments:

Post a Comment