Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Moment 70 - A Friend for Life

In your glorious moment, your so-called friends could be overwhelming. But during the worst of times, only a few will remain.

After a long time, I was able to speak to a good friend again.  Honestly, he is one good and true friend where his loyalty and faith towards me is unwavering.  We were able to spend some time during good times.  He was there when I had my worst moment and even up to now, his support for me never ceases.  And now that he is also experiencing some trials, I wanted him to know that my support for him is likewise there.  It is not just reciprocating his good deeds on me.  As a friend, there should be no boundary or limit to the kind of support I am giving him.

He said that he is lucky to have me as a friend because the circle of friends he once had were no longer around, most probably they are also busy with their own affairs.  He further added that his acquaintances are entirely different from a friend whom he can count on most especially in his lowest moment. 

Yes, we all have our burdens and trials.  Aside from our family, our true friends are also instrumental in our survival and in facing a new chapter in our life.  True friends will always cheer us in our glorious moment. And only true friends will embrace and unselfishly offer themselves for us when the worst of times is at hand.

I told him that what we have is something I value and treasure until the rest of my days.  And since I consider him as my friend for life, in good times and most especially in bad times, I will be there for him.

Thank you, my friend, for the support that is unquestioning and unwavering.  Rest assured that I am also by your side come what may.  You are my friend for life and a part of my life belongs to you.  Just reach out and I will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment