Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Moment 72 - Silky Water

I was anticipating a good sunset one fine afternoon. Since the sky was clear and the clouds were no longer around after a couple of cloudy days, it would be a great chance to catch a sunset that afternoon.

I arrived early at the beach and the sun was still far from setting. But from the looks of it, it seemed that this will be an epic fail for my purpose. Even if it was still far from setting, the glow of the sun was already soft and the clouds on the horizon started to build up. Under ordinary times on a clear summer day, the heat of the sun can still be felt thas particular time in the afternoon. But this time, it looked like the sun had lost its touch.

And when that magic hour arrived, the sun simply hid behind the clouds. The clouds proved to be overwhelming and the rays of the sun could only be seen on the distant clear part of the sky. All the clouds seemed to converged altogether in the lower part part of the horizon, totally blocking the sun.

With the failed opportunity, I only content myself in shooting the waves until eventually I found something worthwhile. I chanced upon a shoreline with pebbles on it and I started to experiment with my camera. It was hard to shoot given the limitation that I was not able to bring my tripod. And the greatest challenge that I had to endure was to keep myself steady for sometime while the waves hit me. 

Though my original intent was the sunset, I ended up with something uncommon. My little experiment paid off and I did not go home empty handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment