Sunday, May 20, 2012

Food Trip 70 - Paksiw na Isda

I can live without vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, ketchup, and other condiments. Actually, I grow up with less or no liking at all about these stuff. Others say my life is less exciting because of what I truly miss all this time.

Anyway, I had a funny experience one time. This happened when I went out of town and lived with a family who invited me to spend a vacation with them. Since their place is isolated, their everyday menu is mainly fish. It is only during Sundays or on special occasions where they can prepare pork, chicken, or beef.

Lunch time came and the only menu on the table was paksiw na isda. Since food is rare in this place, it is not proper to ask for a comfort food and it would be impolite not to join them. Besides, my stomach was already complaining that time. Since I am no patron of vinegar, I really find it hard to swallow my food but I had to eat somehow.

When my folks would cook paksiw na isda at home, I used to fry the fish in order to get rid of the strong vinegar taste which makes the fish even delightful. But I just can't asked for the same since I was with other people. It was good that when dinner time came, we had a more enjoyable fish dish on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment