Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Moment 50 - Angel

Have you ever seen a real angel?

When I was a kid, I used to be part of the church activity during the holy week celebration. I wore a pair of white wings and joined the adoration of the Virgin Mary come the resurrection of  Christ Jesus. And during those times, we used to step on a bamboo platform several meters high from the ground and shower the image of the Virgin Mary with petals of fresh flowers.

In my adult life, especially in moments where I experience tribulation, my day to day survival is both a miracle and a blessing. My "angels" shower me, not with petals but with prayers and all support that I need. My "angels" embrace me, not with their wings but with their love and unquestioning hearts. 

My "angels" are not those heavenly beings we used to imagine but they are the very real people I have known. At first, some of them appear as just acquaintances but the good Lord has gathered them together to be my "angels" when I experience the worst of times. 

Have I seen a real angel? Yes, I have. They are with me, my family and my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment