Sunday, December 18, 2011

Food Trip 48 - Misua with Sardines

When you grew up from a poor family, misua with sardines is already like a feast in the dining table. 

With enough water, some spices, a pack of misua, and a can of sardines is enough to feed a family. Although it may lack some nutritional value, still, this could be heaven at its best when you don't have that much to prepare.

If my memory serves me right, families from far flung areas would normally exchange chicken for cans of sardines. Especially in the mountainous areas, sardines is considered as a prime catch over the red meat especially if the folks here could not afford to buy fresh fish.

Since I am no stranger to this food and the preparation is so simple, from time to time, I prepare one for myself. And every time I have this food on my table, a recollection of my humble beginnings inspire me even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment